Thursday, June 14, 2012

Maura and Sara Take to the Airwaves on Coffee Party Radio


Hi everyone,

Maura Conlon-McIvor,
Facilitator
Earlier today, Maura Conlon McIvor and I were guests on the "Lunch with Louden" radio show which is a regular part of the Coffee Party's offerings.   (You may know that the Coffee Party is an organization formed to counter the work and tone of the Tea Party)

Here's a link to the show if you'd like to give a listen.  (I have a bad cold and surely sound pretty funky, but I think we did good overall.  I'm scared to listen, but leave a comment if you do and let us know what you think!)


http://www.blogtalkradio.com/coffeepartyusa/2012/06/14/lunch-with-louden-thursdays-at-1200-pt


Sara Saltee, Program Director
It was a great opportunity for Maura and me to stretch our "conversation leader" legs and articulate the principles and ideas of caring economics!  (Never let it be said that your facilitators are teaching instead of doing!)  Maura has had lots of experience on radio - which shows...she was great, but it was a first for me!

When I felt nervous, I just kept thinking about all you amazing conversation leaders who have stepped up in your practicum experiences and beyond and have put your voices to work in service of a saner economy - how could I chicken out with all of you modeling such courage?

Thanks for helping me "push the edge" Maura!

Cheers,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment